Ingredients:Kovakkai- 3 cups (cut lengthwise )
Onions- 1 large chopped finely
Green chilli-1 chopped finely
Coriander powder- 2 tsp
ginger garlic paste
Chilli powder – 1 tsp or acc to taste
Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil- 4 to 5 tsp
Mustard seeds- ¼ tsp
Curry leaves - few
- Heat oil in a pan add the seasoning items.
- Add the chopped onion and green chilli and fry till the onions become transparent.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the kovakkai pieces and fry for some time.
- Add the turmeric, coriander &chilli powders.
- Add little water , simmer the flame and close it with a lid.
- Cook till the Kovaikai becomes tender and oil seperates.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.