It takes less time to make and very tasty to eat.
Idiyappam and and Chicken curry are the best combo for me.
My mom makes Idiyappam in a hard way;
she soaks rice in water for some hours then dries it, then grinds it to make fine powder. Since we are comforted with all the flours why to do the hard way!! Here goes the recipe :)
But my mom 's tastes more ......Because she put the her secret ingredient LOVE to it ........
- Boil water in a deep bottom pan,add salt to taste and coconut oil into it.
- Pour the boiled water little by little to the rice flour,stirring throughly,until to a smooth dough.
- Using spoon mix well. Cover and keep aside for 10 mins and cool it.
- Knead well with your hand into a smooth dough,,knead into a soft but firm dough, adding some more warm water if necessary.
- Lightly grease the Idiyappam press and the idli mould to prevent sticking.
- Fill the dough into the Idiyappam press close the lid and squeeze the dough onto the idli plates in a circular motion.
- Sprinkle some more coconut on top/bottom.(optional)
Steam for 8-10 mins till done, our Idiyappam is ready
Sending this to :Gayathriscookspot
Sending this Recipe to Anyonecancook
With minimum amount of time
With less ingredients
Sending This to Spice Ur Senses
Sending this to :cooking-goodfood.blogspot.com