Mambazha Pulissery an authentic kerala style ripe mango curry.Ripe mangoes enhances the taste,even pulissery can be made with ripe plantain,pappaya,cucumber,pineapple .This puliseery is one of my favourites from childhood.
My Amma is Very Very Good for her style of mambazha pulissery This is her recipe , sour yogurt and sweet & sour mangoes makes this dish delicious.Mango is rich in vitamin A,E,iron,antioxidant ,anticancer abilities and helps to prevent heart diseases.Yogurt has calcium,beneficial to bone &teeth and boost immune system.
|Cook Ripe Mango|
Ripe mangoes 1 no.
Turmeric powder 1/4tsp
Red chilly powder 1/2tsp
Salt to taste
Grind to paste...Grated coconut -1/2cup
Jeera /Cumin- 1/2tsp
Curry leaves 4-5
|Add Grind coconut and Curd|
Mustard seeds 1/2tsp
Red chilly 3nos
Fenugreek seeds 1/2tsp
- Cut mangoes into pieces and boil with water,turmeric powder,green chillies,salt,red chillipowder.Cook till mangoes are well cooked and can be mashed.
- Grind coconut and cumin into a fine paste and add to the boiling mangoes.Boil for few min .Turnoff the flame.
- Whip yogurt to smooth and add to the boiled mangoes with enough salt.
- Heat oil in another pan,add mustard seeds.when it pops up,add fenugreek seeds,red chillies,curry leaves.
- Add seasonings to pulissery.
- Serve with rice.