Chicken Liver – 1 lb (around 450 grams)
Shallots / Pearl Onions (chopped finely) – 4
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 1/2 tsp
Pepper – 2 tsp
Cumin – 1 1/4 tsp (optional)
Chili Powder – 1 – 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 pinch
Cumin Seeds – 1/8 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
Cilantro / Coriander leaves – for garnishing
I prefer to use shallots over the regular onions as it gives a great flavour and its much healthier than its big brother. Shallots play a vital role in this dish as it gives a nice
flavour to this spicy dish.
- CleanChicken Liver. Add turmeric powder and soak it for couple of minutes. This helps to sanitize the chicken. This would take a minute or so and then add chicken liver cut in small cubes and cook them
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp of oil in a pan,Add chopped onions and saute it for a while.
- Add turmeric powder and let it blend with the onions.Before it turns golden brown
- Sprinkling salt at this stage helps the dish to cook fast
- Add 1 1/2 tsp of ginger garlic paste and mix it well until the raw smell disappears.
- Add chili powder, .In Mixie crush garlic,pepper,cumin seeds, salt. Mix it with the chicken liver.
- Add little water and let it cook until the water evaporates.
- Keep tossing until you see the oil leaving the pan (in small amount).
- Garnish with cilantro/coriander leaves & serve it with hot rice.