Wheat flour – 2 cups
Potatoes (medium size) – 4
finelyChopped onion – 1/2 cup
chilli powder – 2
ginger garlic paste -1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
- Take 2 cups of flour in a round bottom vessel and add a little salt and 3/4 cup of water or more and knead it to make a smooth dough just like that for chapathi.
- You can wet your palms with little oil so that the dough will not stick.Make small balls and keep it aside
- Now boil potatoes and peel the skin off and mash them in a bowl
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions till they become soft and golden brown add ginger garlic paste . Remove from heat add all the powders.
- Now add the finely chopped, coriander leaves, little salt to the mashed potatoes and mix them well
- Make small balls from them
- Now spread the dough with the rolling pin into a small circle and keep the potato mix in the middle and fold it from all the sides and make a ball
- Repeat the same procedure with all the dough and make balls
- Now slowly spread the potato dough balls with rolling pin to form a flat bread like Chapathi
- Spread it slowly such that the potatoes shouldn’t come out of the balls
- Fry the flat bread in a flat pan by spreading little oil on both the sides
- You will get a soft tasty Aloo paratha
Serve hot with any curries/pickle.