Moru Curry – it is definitely favorite of many Keralites.
Buttermilk Curry can be prepared in 2 ways:-
The Moru Curry with Grated Coconut.Here is my recipe for Spicy ButterMilk Curry.
In Guruvayoor temple this kulambhu will plays a major role.......temple is full of cows so they got lot of milk
so they make this tasty mor kootan to devotees for lunch ...i love to taste this(i miss this so baadly )
Curd 1 cup
cucumber/yellow pumpkin-chopped 1 cup
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp
Grated Coconut 2 tbsp
Jeera 1/2 tsp
pepper corns-5 to 10
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chillies 2
Curry leaves a few
Salt to taste
- Cook the Cucumber along with a little water, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Grind Coconut with jeera and peper a little water to a fine paste.
- Beat the Curd and add it to the coconut mixture.
- Mix the curd and coconut with the cooked Cucumber to this on low flame.(Donot boil it)
- Pour Oil to a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, and dry red chillies.
- Pour the mixture of Cucumber and Curd mixture
- Serve with rice.