Squid/Calamari rings (as many as you want, depending on how many your serving)-if you buy the squid, clean it by removing the insides and the bone and cut them into rings.
Plain flour-4 tsp
Garam masala powder
Salt and pepper to season
Lemon wedges to serve
- Place the squid rings in a bowl and cover them well with the milk.Place in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove the squid from the fridge 5 to 10 minutes prior to cooking.
- Place Corn flour.plain flour and rice flour of in a large bowl.
- Add garam masala,chilli powder salt pepper powder to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan to optimum frying temperature, as you would with chips/french fries.
- Dip the rings straight from the milk into your flour mix, shake well and place in the hot frying pan.
- Avoid overcrowding the pan or the temperature of the oil will go down.
- Fry for 2 minutes or until the batter has turned golden, not brown.
- Remove and place on some kitchen paper and serve hot with lemon wedges and chat masala
Drooling already!! Really hope you try these!