My hubbyys Favorite item.... its a mildly sweetish aromatic variation by using coconut milk., cashews and raisins.
It is very aromatic, and can be served with tasty chicken kurmas and ulandhu chutney
IngredientsBasmati rice - 1 cup
Coconut milk - 11/2 cups
Finely chopped onion - 2 tbsps
Cashew nuts - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1" piece ( Break into tiny bits)
Cardamom - 2
Cloves - 4
Oil -2 tbsp
- Wash and soak the rice for at least half an hour. Finely chop onions.
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil and one teaspoon spoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add Cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- Add cashew nuts and onion and garlic,Chilles fry till they become golden in colour.
- Drain rice and add it next.
- Keep stirring till all the moisture evaporates and the rice gives out a pleasant aroma.
- Add the coconut milk and stir in the salt.
- When the milk starts to boil, turn down the flame to low and cover the pan /pressure cooker with a lid.
- In fifteen minutes time when the aroma of coconut rice fills the atmosphere, remove lid and gently stir once and cover it again with lid.
Sending This to Spice Ur Senses