Yogurt – 2 cups
Water – 1 cup
Salt – to taste
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Blend all the above ingredients and keep it aside.
Slit Green Chillies – 3
Red Chillies – 3
Curry Leaves – A sprig
Finely Sliced Ginger – 1 tsp
Turmeric - A pinch
Fenugreek (Uluva) – A pinch
Jeera (Cumin) Seeds or Powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a deep pan and splutter mustard seeds,fenugreek,jeerakam ,red chillies and add a pinch of turmeric, then add
- Crushed Garlic Cloves, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves for 2 minutes.
- Stir for a minute and keep the seasoning aside.
- Reduce heat and add the blended curd mixture to the same pan, stirring continuously.
- Keep on stirring till it becomes warm. Never allow it to boil. Add more salt if required.
- Pour the prepared seasoning over the buttermilk and remove from flame.
- Stir for a few more minutes allowing it to cool.
- Serve with rice