The main ingredient in this dish is ginger. Ginger is a medicinal herb a.inji Puli has a sweet and sour taste.
Green chillies-5finelly chopped
Tamarind - lemon size
Asofoetida (hing/kayam)-1 pinch
1 piece jaggery grated according to the taste required
Salt as required
Fenugreek (methi/uluva)-1/2 tsp
- Cut ginger and green chillies into very small pieces. add chilli powder,coriander powder,tumeric and cook them(half)
- Add tamarind juice to it. and boil.till raw smell gone.cook until the mixture thickens.
- Sauté the mustard,fenugreek curry leaves in the rest of the coconut oil and pour over the puli inji curry.
- Add the asofoetida powder to this, mix and serve it with rice.
- it can be stored for more than 2 weeks ....even each and every chilles and ginger tastes good that is the speciality of this Dish