1) Wash mutton well and cut in to big pieces. Add ginger garlic paste in to a bowl, turmeric powder, fennel powder, lemon juice, mint leaves, coriander leaves, mix well, add mutton pieces in to it, mix well, cover and marinate for 3 hours.
2) Add marinated mutton in to pressure cooker, then add green chillies, salt to taste, 2 cups water and cook until 4 whistles.
3) Once mutton is partially cooked separate mutton from stock.
4) Wash and soak rice in enough water for 30 mts.
5) Heat up oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, whole spices, fennel seeds, sliced onion and saute till onion gets light golden color.
6) Add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
7) Add mutton pieces, green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves, mix, now add soaked water, mix well.
8) Now add mutton stock, salt to taste, mix well, cover and cook on high heat for 10 to 15mts.
9) Serve with raita, salad !
1) Cooking time for each pressure cooker differs so try to cook mutton using your own judgement.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011