This is one of the famous starters in India and it is delicious, spicy and dry. It is made of Cauliflower. ... Gobi Manchurian dry .... This is my husbands favorite
Cauliflower cut into bite sized Florets -1
Gram Flour (Besan) - ½ cup
Ginger grated - 1 tsp
Garlic grated -1tsp
Corn Flour - ½ cup
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Green Chilli Paste - 1 tsp
Soya sauce: 1 tsp for Flour Paste, 2 tbsp for Sauce
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
Onion finely chopped - 1 small
Bell pepepper -Chopped
Tomato Ketchup - 4 tsp
Chopped Cilantro (Coriander Leaves)
Spring Onions for garnishing
• Cook Cauliflower for about 5 minutes until tender in pan of boiling Water. Drain, pat dry with a towel and set aside.
• Next mix together Gram Flour, Corn Flour, Ginger Garlic Paste, Chilli Paste, Soya Sauce and Salt with some Water to form a thick Batter. (bajji batter)
• Heat Oil in a pan on medium heat. Dip each Cauliflower Floret in the Batter and fry till it becomes crispy. Lay them on a tissue paper to drain the excess Oil.
• Heat a teaspoon of Oil in a pan, first add grated ginger and garlic then sauté the Onions then add bell pepper.
• Next add Tomato Ketchup and Soya Sauce to the Onions and mix well (add 1/3 cup of Water if you want to make it wet version)
• Add the fried Cauliflower and mix well until it's coated with the Sauce.
Garnish with Cilantro or Spring Onions and serve hot!