Its easy,healthy and delicious. There are so many varieties in this dish. Each family prepares it in their way,even though the basic ingredients are the same, they make few changes in preparation.
- Cabbage - 1/2kg
- Onions - 2
- Green chillies - 3
- Turmeric powder - 1/2tsp
- Channa dal (Kadalai parupu)- 100gms or 1cup(Soak it for 30 minutes)
- Fresh grated coconut - 6Tbsp
- Curry leaves - 1strip
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- urad dal
- Cook the channa dal and keep them side.and to that mixture
- add onions,green chillies, turmeric powder and cabbage, add enough water till
- Cook together in low flame for about 10min & salt and cook for 5min.
- Add the grinded coconut with jeera and cook for 2mins.
- In a pan heat 1tbsp of oil and add mustard seeds , urad dal and curry leaves and asfotida.
- Add the seasoning to the dish and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with white rice or rotis.and goes well with rasam sadam